Our Privacy Obligations
The APPs regulate how personal information is handled by Hunterz.
The types of personal information we collect and hold
Hunterz collects personal information about its users in order to provide its service and to offer customer support. Hunterz services and customer support are provided through many platforms including but not limited to: websites, phone apps, email, and telephone. The specific platform and product, service, or support you interact with may affect the personal data we collect.
How we collect personal information
Information that you specifically give us
While you use Hunterz app you may be asked to provide certain types of personal information. We may request, collect, or process the following information:
• Account Details – username, password, profile picture.
• Contact Details – email address, phone number.
• Location Details – timezone.
• Identity Details – full name, Linkedin account (not mandatory).
• User Generated Content – referral candidates telephone, e-mail address and full name
Information that we collect from others
Users can stop us from collecting data from other platforms by removing our access on the other platform or by contacting our support team.
Users have the ability to refer non-users to our platform by providing contact details such as email address, and proposing them to apply for a job. In these situations, the information will be collected and stored by us to contact the non-user and to prevent abuse of the invite systems.
This non-user data is not forwarded to any third party or Hunterz’s customer. If the non-user doesn’t apply for the job, the data collected will be automatically erased after 15 days.
Information we collect as you use our service
We maintain records of the interactions we have with our users, including the products, services and customer support we have provided. This includes the interactions our users have with our platform such as when a user has viewed a page or clicked a button.
When we are contacted we may collect personal information that is intrinsic to the communication. For example, if we are contacted via email, we will collect the email address used.
We may collect or process the following information:
• Metadata – IP address, computer and connection information, referring web page, standard web log information, language settings, timezone, etc.
• Device Information – device identifier, device type, device plugins, hardware capabilities, etc.
• Location – timezone. • Actions – pages viewed, buttons clicked, time spent viewing, search keywords, etc.
How we use personal information
The information we request, collect, and process is primarily used to provide users with the product or service they have requested. More specifically, we may use your personal information for the following purposes:
• to provide the service or product you have requested;
• to provide technical or other support to you;
• to answer enquiries about our services, or to respond to a complaint;
• to promote our other programs, products or services which may be of interest to you (unless you have opted out from such communications);
• to allow for debugging, testing and otherwise operate our platforms;
• to conduct data analysis, research and otherwise build and improve our platforms;
• to comply with legal and regulatory obligations;
• if otherwise permitted or required by law; or
• for other purposes with your consent, unless you withdraw your consent for these purposes.
The ‘lawful processing’ grounds on which we will use personal information about our users are (but are not limited to):
• when a user has given consent;
• when necessary for the performance of a contract to which the user is party;
• processing is necessary for compliance with our legal obligations;
• processing is necessary in order to protect the vital interests of our users or of another natural person.
• processing is done in pursuing our legitimate interests, where these interests do not infringe on the rights of our users.
When we disclose personal Information
Our third party service providers The personal information of users may be held or processed on our behalf outside Belgium, including ‘in the cloud’, by our third party hosting provider (OVH). Our third party service providers are bound by contract to only use your personal information on our behalf, under our instructions.
Our third party service providers include:
• Cloud hosting, storage, networking and related providers
• Marketing and analytics providers
• Security providers
Third party applications
Other disclosures and transfers We may also disclose your personal information to third parties for the following purposes:
• if necessary to provide the service or product you have requested;
• we receive court orders or other requests for information by law enforcement;
• if otherwise permitted or required by law; or
• for other purposes with your consent.
Accessing, correcting, or downloading your personal information
You have the right to request access to the personal information Hunterz holds about you. Unless an exception applies, we must allow you to see the personal information we hold about you, within a reasonable time period, and without unreasonable expense for no charge.
Most personal information can be accessed by logging into your account. If you wish to access information that is not accessible through the platform, or wish to download all personal information we hold on you in a portable data format, please contact our Privacy Officer.
You also have the right to request the correction of the personal information we hold about you. All your personal information can be updated through the user settings pages. If you require assistance, please contact our customer support.
Exercising your other rights You have a number of other rights in relation to the personal data Hunterz holds about you, however, there may be restrictions on how you may exercise the rights. This is largely due to the nature of the products and services we provide.
Much of the data we collect is in order to facilitate referrals between candidates and companies – these data uses are protected against the below rights.
You have the right to:
• seek human review of automated decision-making or profiling
• opt-out of direct marketing, and profiling for marketing
• temporary restriction of processing.
Users may exercise any of the above rights by contacting our Privacy Officer.
To contact our Privacy Officer
If you have an enquiry or a complaint about the way we handle your personal information, or to seek to exercise your privacy rights in relation to the personal information we hold about you, you may contact our Privacy Officer as follows:
Privacy & GDPR Officer
Attn: Privacy Officer
Quai Marcellis 17
For the purposes of the GDPR, our Privacy Officer is also our Data Protection Officer (DPO).
While we endeavour to resolve complaints quickly and informally, if you wish to proceed to a formal privacy complaint, we request that you make your complaint in writing to our Privacy Officer, by mail or email as above. We will acknowledge your formal complaint within 10 working days of receipt.
If you are in the European Union, you can choose to instead lodge a complaint with your local Data Protection Authority (DPA). The list of DPAs is at http://ec.europa.eu/justice/article-29/structure/data-protection-authorities/index_en.htm.